Hi Music Lovers! The Spring 4th Avenue Street Fair is happening this weekend and lots of music on 2 stages all weekend! . Also 300 artisans and 40 food vendors- something for everyone! Check it out at fourthavenue.org Enjoy a musical week!
Thursday, March 23:
- Mick Maloney & Athena Tergis, St. Francis Church, 7:30. Irish Folklore. $20. 4625 E. River Road. www.inconcerttucson.com.
- Troker & The Grey Automobile at the Fox, 7:30 pm. Six musicians from Mexico create rhythms influenced by jazz, funk, rock & traditional mariachi. foxtucson.com.
- Jimmy Vaughan – KXCI Presents! 8 – 11 pm at The Rialto Theatre. Guitar virtuoso does modern roots music.
- Don Armstrong & Tom Mitchell at Monterey Court, 6:30 – 9:30 pm. Singing the songs that made them famous! Don & his 1st singing partner Tom from way back when. Should be fun! 505 W. Miracle Mile.
- Bossa Rhythm Project at Elvira’s Restaurant, 6:30 – 8:30. 256 E. Congress.
- Cadillac Mountain at Nimbus Brewery, 5:30 – 7:30pm. 3850 E. 44th St. Bluegrass band.
- Gaelynn Lea at Congress Hotel, doors at 8 pm. Singer/songwriter, fiddle experimentalist & 2016 Tiny Desk Contest winner – Free show!
- Hank Topless at La Cocina, 6:30 – 9 pm. Hard 60’s Nashville and early country blues. 201 N. Court.
- Andy Hersey at Saguaro Corners, 6 pm. Country, bluegrass, folk/rock. 3750 S. Old Spanish Tr.
- Salvador Duran at Hotel Congress on the Plaza, 7:30.
- Connie Brannock with Swingset at Cafe A La C’art. Jazz, pop & blues. 6:30 – 8:30. 150 N. Main – Courtyard of Tucson Museum of Ar.
- Leigh Ann Lesho at Ermanos, folk rock, 8 – 11 pm. 220 N. 4th Ave.
- Andy Hersey at Saguaro Corners, 6 pm. Country, bluegrass, folk/rock. 3750 S. Old Spanish Tr.
- Duran Duran Tribute at Casino del Sol. 8 pm. 5655 W. Valencia Rd
Friday, March 24 – Sunday, March 26:
- 4th Ave Street Fair – 2 stages of music all weekend including Katie Haverly, Don Armstrong, Swingset, Nancy Elliott, Kiko & the Stone Ave Band, Ronstadt Generations, and much more! Check out the website at fourthavenue.org.
Friday, March 24:
- Oscar Fuentes at Monterey Court, 5 – 7 pm. Latin Ballads to Buddy Holly, rock, pop & blues. 505 W. Miracle Mile.
- Kiko & the Stone Ave Band, 7 – 10 pm. at Monterey Court. Original, regional music expressing the culture & influence of growing up & living in the Old Pueblo. 505 W. Miracle Mile.
- Lisa Otey & Diane Van Deurzen at First UMC, 6:30 pm. $20 for a Swinging @ Aids Benefit Concert with Kelly Triplett. Amazing piano, great vocals! 915 E. 4th St.
- Greg Morton Band at La Cocina, 6:30 – 9 pm. Great Bluegrass! 201 N. Court.
- Freddy Parish’s Country Club at La Cocina, 9 -11 pm. Freddy does honky-tonk shuffles, Appalachian folk, & sweet country ballads. Featured guests every week. 201 N. Court.
- Gabrielle Pietrangelo & Chaparral Kirtan Band at Tucson Yoga Studio, 7:30 – 9 pm. Gabrielle’s beautiful voice leads a community singing experience which blends original & traditional chants. The Band offers joyful call & response singing. 148 S. 4th Ave. $12/$15.
- Bill Shaw Band at Outlaw Saloon, 9 pm. classic country & originals. 1302 W. Roger Rd.
- Joyce Luna at Delectables, 7 – 10. Folk singer/songwriter, soulful singing, poetic songs, lovely voice. 533 N. 4th Ave.
- Tom Walbank at Sky Bar. Great blues!
- Mindy Ronstadt and the One-Bill Band at Saguaro Corners, 6 pm. Eclectic choice of songs, great voice and harmonies! 3750 S. Old Spanish Tr.
- John & Jeanne Ronstadt at El Saguarito Mexican Restaurant, 6:30 – 9:30. Great folk group! NW corner of Prince and Campbell.
- Brett Barry at Borderlands, 7:30 pm. 119 E. Toole.
- Susan Artemis at The Dusty Monk. Jazz piano and vocals. 201 N. Court in the La Cocina bar.
- 4th Street String Band, blue grass at The Parish, 9pm – 12 am. 6453 N. Oracle.
- Tom Walbank at 5:45, Congress Hotel – on the Plaza.
- 80’s & Gentlemen at Brother John’s Beer Bourbon and BBQ, 9 pm – 12 am. 867 6787.
- Lost Hombres at Hi Falutin Restaurant, 5 – 9. Fun band – bluegrass, country, old rock and more! E side of Oracle, S of Ina.
- Wild Ride, 7 – 11 pm. at Oracle Inn. Country dance band. 305 E. American Ave, Oracle. 896-3333.
Saturday, March 25 & Sunday, March 26:
- Jim Jones, Doug Figgs, Mariam. All western music award-winners! 2 pm both days at AZ Folklore Preserve in Hereford. arizonafolklore.com.
Saturday, March 25:
- I Hear Voices! with Heather Hardy and Danny Krieger at Water of Life Metropolitan Community Church, 7:30 pm. Folk, gospel, jazz, blues – $15 at the door. 3268 N. Mountain Ave. Doors open at 7 pm.
- The Original Jersey Boys Tribute at DesertView Performing Arts Center, 7:30. tickets.saddlebrooketwo.com.
- Heather Hardy with Lil’ Mama Band at The Hideout, 8:30 – 12:30 (Band will play till she gets there!) 1110 S. Sherwood Village Dr.
- The Ronstadt Review at Ted Ramirez Concert Series, 2 pm at Tubac Presidio State Historic Park. John & Jeanne Ronstadt with cousin Bill Ronstadt will close out the season with a truly AZ-style concert!
- Newsboys – Love Riot Tour at Centennial Hall, 7 – 9:30 pm. $30. Christian rock-pop band. 1020 E. University Blvd.
- Lukie D at Grand Luxe Hotel & Resort, 9 – 2 am. Reggae vocalist sensation, known for his interpretation of Ed Sheehan’s “Thinking Out Loud.” $20/$25. 1365 W. Grant Rd.
- Key Ingredients of African Soul, 7 – 10 pm. at Monterey Court. Originals & covers rooted in styles of Afro-pop, African folk, reggae & Caribbean soca. 505 W. Miracle Mile. 207-2429.
- The Coolers at Tucson Premium Outlets Concert Series, 4 – 7 pm. Blues, R&B, soul, and funk. 6401 Marana Center Blvd. Free!
- Don Armstrong at Cafe Coronet, 11 am brunch. Renowned folk singer/songwriter. 42 E. 9th St. cafecoronet.com.
- Amber Norgaard at LaPosada, 12 noon – 2 pm. 350 E. Morningside Rd., Green Valley. 648-7470. Piano, guitar, great vocals, original music!
- Leila Lopez at Delectables, 6:30 – 9:30 pm. Music with folk, jazz & latin influence. 533 N. 4th Ave.
- Gabriel Ayala at Congress Hotel, with Duo Vibrato. Yaqui classical guitar. $10/$15. Doors at 7 pm.
- Oscar Fuentes, 7 – 8:30 pm at La Cocina. Music mixes several genres, including rock, salsa, pop, music ranchera & blues. 201 N. Court.
- Pete Conolly/Birds and Arrows at Borderlands, 7:30 pm. Folk/Americana/Indie. 119 E. Toole.
- Connie Brannock and Tiny House of Funk at Cafe A La C’art, 6:30 – 8:30. 150 N. Main – courtyard of Tucson Museum of Art.
- Tribute to Big Band Xpress, 3 and 7 pm.at Gaslight Music Hall. Directed by Pete Swan with Armen Dirtadian & Julie Ann with special guest Tom Patrick, founder of Big Band Xpress. 13005 N. Oracle., Oro Valley. gaslightmusichall.com.
- Cochise County All-Stars at Mercado San Agustin, 6 – 9 pm in the courtyard. Could be anything from Hank Williams to jazz, to rock.
- Joe Barr – Tuff Country at Saguaro Corners, 6 pm. 3750 S. Old Spanish Trail.
- Flipside at The Maverick, 8 pm. Country music and dancing! 6622 E. Tanque Verde Rd.
- Wild Ride at The Outlaw Saloon, 9 pm. Country dance band. 1302 W. Roger.
- Trade Secrets at Oracle Inn, 7 – 11 pm. Rock, pop & country classics – dance music. 305 E. American Ave., Oracle, AZ.
- Neon Prophet at Chicago Bar, 9:30 pm. Reggae. 5954 E. Speedway.
Sunday, March 26:
- Michael Salerno and Domingo DeGrazia and his Spanish Band. Sonoran Spring Gala at Tohono Chul Park, 4 – 7 pm. 7366N. Paseo del Norte. 742-6455. TX – $130 at tohonochul.org/gala.
- Nancy Elliott and Don Armstrong, singer/songwriters doing Sunday Brunch Performance, 11 – 2 pm. at Monterey Court. 505 W. Miracle Mile.
- Ollie Hirvonin & New Helsinki with Michael Moynihan & Creosote Jazz Collective, 6 – 10 pm at Monterey Court. World class jazz by Brooklyn-based jazz group. 505 W. Miracle Mile.
- Sunday Patio Sets at The Mint, French Quarter, 3 – 5pm – 3540 E. Grant.
- Little House of Funk at The Public Brewhouse, 5 – 7 pm. Connie Brannock and her amazing, funk band! 209 N. Hoff.
- Lisa Otey and Diane VanDeurzen at Hacienda del Sol, 5 – 8 on the Terraza. Amazing piano and great vocals from 2 of Tucson favorites! 5501 N. Hacienda del Sol Rd.
- Friends of Dean Martinez at Owls Club, Featuring Bill Elm, Naim Amor, Tommy Larkins, Joe Pena, 9 – 11 pm. 236 S. Scott Ave.
- Mik and the Funky Brunch at La Cocina, 12:30 – 2:30. Multi instrumentalists – hi-energy performance. 201 N. Court.
- Kenny Alan Erickson, singer/songwriter, with Greg Rogan on bass and Marc Rennard, mando/fiddle at Delectables, 2 -4 pm. Originals, old-time, blues, swing, folk, bluegrass, country. . 533 N. Fourth Ave.
- Andy Hersey at The Parish, 5 – 7 pm. Country, bluegrass folk/rock. 6453 N. Oracle.
- Little House of Funk at Public Brewhouse, 5 pm. Connie Brannock and her amazing funk band! 209 N. Hoff.
- Amber Norgaard at Dos! in Tubac. 1 – 4 pm. Piano, guitar, great vocals, original music. 4 Plaza Rd. Ste. 102 216-7664.
- Kevin Pakulis at Borderlands, 2 – 4 pm. One of Tucson’s favorites! Blues, country, folk, rock – he does it all! 119 E. Toole.
- Mariachi Luz de la Luna at the Playground, 11 am. 278 E. Congress.
- Roman Barten-Sherman Supper Club at Cafe Coronet, 7 pm. Blues.
- Hot Club of Tucson at Hotel Congress, 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. Great gypsy jazz band. 662-8848
- Troy Gray Acoustic Brunch at Saguaro Corners, 10:30 am. 3750 S. Old Spanish Tr.
- Ivan Denis at Royal Sun Bar, 7 pm. 1003 N. Stone. Folk, blues/country sound.
- Rudy Cortese at Heirloom Farmers Market at Rillito Downs, 8 – 11 am. Classical, comical, country, bluegrass – everything!
- Open Mic at the Hut on 4th Ave., 6 – 8 , hosted by Joel Leland and Rudy Cortese.
Monday, March 27:
- Saddlebrooke Showcase of Talent – a charity event for Pet Rescue, 7 pm. $10. Featuring Bob Steens, Country singer, Coyote County Cloggers, Susan Kravitz, folk singer, Ron Aeschliman, Mc/Singer, Linda Griffen, pianist/singer. At Gaslight Music Hall, 6 pm. 13005 N. Oracle.
- Bryan Dean Trio at Rockabilly Grill. 3700 N. Oracle. 888-1900. Bluesy/indie/rock.
- Ronstadt Generations at Chicago Bar, 8:45-ish. Great SW fusion band! 5954 E. Speedway.
- Tucson Musicians Club at The Hut, 6 – 9. Performances 6 – 8:30, open mic at 8:30. tucsonjamz.com.
- Rebecca Carlson at The Parish, 7 – 9 pm. Classic Blues & Jazz. 6453 N. Oracle. Jazz, R&B singer.
- Jazz Guild Jams at Elliotts On Congress, 9 – 12 am. 135 E. Congress. 622-5500.
Tuesday, March 28:
- Ozomatli at the Rialto, 7:30 – 11:30. LA group – music from classic to modern Latino, urban, hip-hop and other world styles. Captivating & fun show! www.rialtotheatre.com.
- Masters of Soul at Green Valley Recreation West Center, 7pm. Celebration of songs & performers that defined Motown & Soul Music. gvrec.org. 1111 GVR Dr., Green Valley. 625-288.
- Jazz Night at Sky Bar – 6:30 Tom Walbank. Great blues harmonica! 536 N. 4th Ave.
- Paul Jenkins with Tuesday Prix Fixe at Cafe Coronet, 7 pm.
- Corey Spector at The Living Room Wine Cafe & Lounge, 5 – 8 pm. Fun, classic rock show! 2905 E. Skyline.
- Jasmine Asian Music Ensemble at Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 12 – 1 pm. Explore Asian culture through music, movement, song & stories. Free! 101 N. Stone. 791-4010.
- Little House of Funk at Revel, 8 – 10. Connie Brannock and her amazing funk band! 416 E. 9th St.
- Tommy Tucker at Elliott’s on Congress, 8 – 10 pm. 12-string guitar and vocals. 135 E. Congress. 622-5500.
- Open Jam w/ Deacon at Chicago Bar, 8:30 pm. blues & rock – Everyone welcome – bring your instrument. 5954 E. Speedway.
- Marana Bluegrass Music Workshop at Marana’s Community Center, 6:30 – 8:30 pm. For info: Dave Polston, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeff Collins, 405-4062, email@example.com.
- Open Mic at Delectables, 8 – 11. Sign-up at 7. Originals only, please. 533 N. 4th Ave.
- Open Mic at Shooters, 7 – 10 pm. 3115 E. Prince Rd. facebook@shootersopenmic.
Wednesday, March 29:
- Due West Trio – An Evening of Western Music at Monterey Court, 6 – 9 pm. – Western music with rich harmonies. $5 Suggested donation to benefit the Western Music Association – AZ Chapter. 505 W. Miracle Mile.
- Amber Norgaard at El Saguarito Mexican Restaurant, 5:30 – 8:30. Guitar, piano, great vocals, original songs! NW Corner of Prince and Campbell.
- Natalie Pohanic at Public Brewhouse, 7:30 pm. 209 N. Hoff Ave.
- Smoky Bones Band at Royal Sun Restaurant & Lounge, 7 – 9 pm. 3-piece version of the classic rock band. 1003 N. Stone.
- Naim Amor at Cafe Coronet, 7pm. 402 E. 9th St.
- Ivan Denis at Cafe A La C’art, 5 – 7 pm. Sort of folk, blues/country sound – guitar, vocals. 150 N. Main – courtyard of Tucson Museum of Art.
- Carter Winter at The Maverick, 8 – 2 pm. Carter has opened for Travis Tritt, Chase Rice & Sam Hunt. $8.
- Miss Lana Rebel and Kevin Michael Mayfield at La Cocina, 6:30 – 9 pm. Original songs – American folk, blues, & country.
- AZ Roadrunners Traditional Jazz Jam, 6:30pm at Viscount Hotel, 4855 E. Broadway, 745-6500.
- Bad News Blues Band at Chicago Bar – great blues band, 7:30. 5954 E. Speedway.
Thursday, March 30:
- Titan Valley Warheads, 6:30 – 9:30 pm at Monterey Court. Bluegrass & western music in the tradition of Bob Willis & Earl Scruggs. 505 W. Miracle Mile. 207-2429 for reservations.
- Andy Hersey at Saguaro Corners, 6 pm. Country. 3750 S. Old Spanish Tr.
- Hank Topless at La Cocina, 6:30 – 9 pm. Hard 60’s Nashville & early country blues. 201 N. Court.
- Kevin Pakulis at The Cafe in Sonoita with host Jim Koweek, 5 – 7 pm. 3280 AZ Hi-way 82. Free! 455-5044. cafesonoita.com.
- Swingset at Cafe A La C’Art – Tucson Museum of Art, 150 N. Main. Connie Brannock, Jazz and blues. 6:30 – 8:30 pm. 628-8533.
- Kyklo at Cafe Coronet, 7 pm. Traditional music from the old world. 402 E. 9th St.
- Selena Tribute at Casino del Sol, 8 pm. 5655 W. Valencia Rd.
- Corey Spector at El Saguarito Mexican Restaurant, 6 – 9 pm. Fun, classic rock show! 3750 S. Old Spanish Tr.
Saturday, April 1:
- Leo Kottke & Keller Williams at Green Valley Recreation West Center, 8 pm. Famed acoustic player Kottke (blues, jazz & folk) and Keller, a “one-man-band.” gvrec.org.
Sunday, April 2:
- TKMA Spring Jamboree at the Whistle Stop Depot, 3 – 7 pm. Two stages – indoor & outdoor, food vendors, early volunteer sign up for 2017 Tucson Folk Festival, get this year’s festival t-shirt early at the pre-sale of 2017 Tucson Folk Festival t-shirts, and festival raffles! $10. (to benefit the 2017 Tucson Folk Festival.) Heather Hardy Determined Luddites, Ice-9, Cadillac Mountain, Eric Schaffer & The Other Troublemakers, Joyce Luna, and more! tucsonfolkfest.org.
- An Evening With Vince Gill at The Fox, 7 pm. www.foxtucson.com.
Saturday, April 8:
- Gary Pucket & The Union Gap with The Vogues & Terry Sylvester of the Hollies at the Fox, 7:30. Stars of the 60’s. www.foxtucson.com.
Thursday, April 13:
- Black Violin at the Fox. 7:30 pm. 2 classically-trained violinists taking their talents to a hip-hop stage for a “classical boom.” www.foxtucson.com.
Saturday, April 15:
- Simon & Garfunkel: Through the Years, at the Fox, 7:30. www.foxtucson.com.
Thursday, April 20 – Sunday, April 30:
- Pima County Fair – lots of music – including Tanya Tucker on April 29! Check out the schedule at pimacountyfair.com.
Friday, April 21:
- Suzy Bogguss Trio – Grammy-winning singer, Berger Center. www.inconcerttucson.com.
Friday, April 28 – Sunday, April 30:
- 5th Annual Marana Bluegrass Festival. 9 hours of music each day! RV and Tent camping, bonfire at night, food trucks, hosted by Desert Bluegrass Association. http:/www.maranafestival.com/.
Saturday & Sunday, May 6 & 7:
- 32nd Annual Tucson Folk Festival at El Presidio Park, Tucson Museum of Art, La Cocina & Presidio Museum. Headliners: The Black Lilies, Billy Jonas & Ryanhood. tucsonfolkfest.org.
Friday, May 19:
- Brian Wilson presents Pet Sounds at Centennial Hall.
Tuesday, June 6:
- The Taj Mahal & Keb’ Mo’ Band at the Fox Theatre, 7:30 pm. Two Blues Legends share the stage for a once -in-a-lifetime night of music. www.foxtucson.com.
Thursday, June 22:
- Gordon Lightfoot at The Fox Theatre, 8 pm. Legendary singer/songwriter and musician. www.foxtucson.com.