Thank you for your interest in assuming a leadership role with TKMA! The Tucson Folk Festival is produced by a passionate group of volunteers that includes a diverse group of professional backgrounds; professional to just-for-fun musicians and non-musicians; and a range of ages and cultural backgrounds reflective of the diverse make-up of the greater Tucson area. Being a part of the team who produces the annual Tucson Folk Festival is a rewarding and meaningful experience, and a valuable contribution to the cultural fabric of the Tucson area. Since 1986, the Board has played a key role in planning and growing the annual showcase of acoustic music.
The Board is currently made up of 9 members-at-large and 4 officers on three year terms. New board members are elected each summer at the annual member meeting, or to fill a vacancy. If you have any questions regarding the Board of Directors Application, board member responsibilities, or TKMA in general, please feel free to contact the Board President.
BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
- Board member term – three (3) years
- TKMA member in good standing
- Abide by established Tucson Kitchen Musicians Association By-Laws
- Prepare for/attend monthly board meetings (2 hours)
- Attend/assist with fundraising activities and events throughout the festival season
- Serve on at least one (1) committee
- Assist with duties necessary for the production of the annual Tucson Folk Festival
- Make every attempt to meet TKMA responsibilities to the best of the board member’s ability
See You At The Annual Membership Meeting!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT THIS YEAR’S
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
WHICH USUALLY TAKES PLACE IN JULY